Peyton-Randolph House was built by William Robertson in 1715, expanded by John Randolph in 1724, and completed by John's son, Peyton Randolph, in the mid-18th century in Williamsburg, Virginia. Restorations occurred in 1938-40; 1968; and 1997. The deep red house is one of the oldest and most elegant houses in Williamsburg. It hosted French General Rochambeau and the Marquis de Lafayette.
Peyton Randolph (1721-1775) was the occupant of the house in the mid-18th century. He was the first President of the Continental Congress in 1774-75. Peyton was the second son of John Randolph, a prominent Virginian and the only colonial born in Virginia to be knighted.
The dining room and other rooms in the center part of the house were among the most elegant in Williamsburg.
Colonial Williamsburg Website for Peyton-Randolph House: https://www.history.org/almanack/places/hb/hbran.cfm
American Historic Buildings Survey Report: https://www.loc.gov/item/va0649/
Bio of Peyton Randolph: http://www.encyclopedia.com/people/history/us-history-biographies/peyton-randolph